[hpsdr] PICOPSU-150-XT

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Sun Mar 8 11:53:02 PDT 2009

Kjell;

         I am using a different product from the same vendor called
an M2- ATX. I power both the Intel 945GCLF2 Atom 330 and the Atlas
for Mercury Ozy and Pennelope... I does create some small amount of
RF noise but not bad.. Proximity to the device draws it out as it is
induced as opposed to conducted... Since proximity is an issue, the
direct plug in of the device you are asking about would theoretically
tend to make it worse.
         The M2 is a separate board. I mounted it 6 inches from atlas
and see no significant noise to speak of.. a couple db... maybe
bother the purists but for around here, the atmosphere is worse...

         <http://www.mini-box.com/M2-ATX-160w-Intelligent-Automotive-DC-DC-Power-Supply>

         I made a plug from the 12v and 5v of the already cabled and
available drive connector to run atlas/merc/ozzy/penny.

         I plug the M2-ATX directly to the motherboard. The whole
thing runs off 6-24v dc.. which I really like.. Power supply source
regulation ( IE Field Day) is now a non issue.. Just need a monitor
now that runs off 12v unregulated :-)

         The M2-ATX also handles ignition sequenced shutdown of the
motherboard etc... I highly recommend you look into it... if the few
dollars more are not an issue...

Doug
  KD8B