[hpsdr] Alex

Magnus Lindahl sm4rwi at telia.com
Tue Mar 10 14:08:56 PDT 2009

Hi Mike,

I get this explanation from Dave, and I understand that decision, but a
option with a set of PCB's would be nice to see at TAPR kits section.

Magnus --

 Scotty put the layout files on hpsdr.org/support after th TAPR produces the
board.  This is an as built board layout for those that would like to
recreate the TAPR boards.  As Alex has not been built yet the file are not
available.  The project leader and the Alpha testers make little change
right up to the production date.  On teamspeak Scotty mention that Alex will
likely be available around Dayton time in Mid-May.

As for the kit ideas.  We had a big discussion last summer  on teamspeak
about all these options.  The issue came down to numbers, it is cheaper to
make all boards one way, than half build and half kits, one build board from
the single production is cheaper that a kit from a half run.  Once a
reasonable toroid vendor was found it was decided to make the cheapest as
build board possible, which needed the largest number of board orders
possible.

  Dave KV0S
  hpsdr.org webmanager