[hpsdr] Alex

Roger Hayter roger at hayter.org
Tue Mar 10 14:39:04 PDT 2009

It would not cost much to make the bare boards available, and certainly
that is the only way I will be affording them.

Roger GW8BFO

In message
<!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAIKW2Jikm8tHuyC0oj5hyx/CgAAAEAAAAJH4IgjMlVJMnGASh
+Pi+6ABAAAAAA==@telia.com>, Magnus Lindahl <sm4rwi at telia.com> writes

>Hi Mike,
>
>I get this explanation from Dave, and I understand that decision, but a
>option with a set of PCB's would be nice to see at TAPR kits section.
>
>Magnus --
>
> Scotty put the layout files on hpsdr.org/support after th TAPR produces the
>board.  This is an as built board layout for those that would like to
>recreate the TAPR boards.  As Alex has not been built yet the file are not
>available.  The project leader and the Alpha testers make little change
>right up to the production date.  On teamspeak Scotty mention that Alex will
>likely be available around Dayton time in Mid-May.
>
>As for the kit ideas.  We had a big discussion last summer  on teamspeak
>about all these options.  The issue came down to numbers, it is cheaper to
>make all boards one way, than half build and half kits, one build board from
>the single production is cheaper that a kit from a half run.  Once a
>reasonable toroid vendor was found it was decided to make the cheapest as
>build board possible, which needed the largest number of board orders
>possible.
>
>  Dave KV0S
>  hpsdr.org webmanager

Roger Hayter