[hpsdr] Call for HELP - New HPSDR-Setup / nothing works

Henry Vredegoor henry_vredegoor at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:17:49 PDT 2009

Hello Alexander,

I followed this discussion and I think it is not clear to a lot of people
that you seem to have a Penelope from Gerd Loch instead of one from TAPR.
Is this really the situation that you have a Penny from Gerd?
This would be good to know and could be a next step in the isolation of the
problem.

I don't have a Penelope (_yet_) so I can't check this here, but isn't it so
that you should be able to see the firmware version of Penny in
"Setup/HPSDR" of PowerSDR? (with the latest version of PowerSDR)
This should be an indication if PowerSDR "sees" Penny, if at all.

Maybe if this doesn't work because of problems with the combination of your
Penny and Mercury, trying this without Mercury, as a test and if at all
possible, could be another clue to isolate the problem.

If you get an indication of the firmware version, what is it?
Compare this with the latest version of the firmware for Penny and if this
is not the latest, upgrade to the latest version and test again.
(I don't know if and how you can do this using Ozy like with upgrading
Mercury though, or if you have to have a physical ByteBlaster or -clone)
Maybe someone else could fill in on this?

Also interesting to know if you run PowerSDR and if you have these problems,
is there an abnormal high CPU load of PowerSDR?
Can you still stop and start PowerSDR in a normal way or do you have to
"kill" it?

Success!

Henry.