[hpsdr] Question on Mercury startup

Todd Mondragon todd.kv1m at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:03:30 PDT 2009

Hi Jerry,

Reprogramming them with the latest firmware is a good idea.

These items were programmed when they were manufactured, in the case of
Penelope quite a while ago, and there have been a significant number of bug
fixes and enhancements that have come along since then. In some cases it
seems that a code mismatch on the boards will keep them from functioning
together.

I am not sure why it wasn't written into the manuals as it was pretty much a
given that updating the firmware would be part of the process. Perhaps that
should be corrected.

73!

Todd M0GLO