[hpsdr] Question on Mercury startup

Steven Wilson stevew at intrinsix.com
Wed Mar 25 06:54:43 PDT 2009

Jerry,

Actually - one way of looking at it is that the project is living up to
it's original promise. It's high performance SOFTWARE defined radio ;-)
As others have said - the system has had hardware and software
improvements since original release that will make for much less trouble
in usage AND have added features to boot!

As an example - the original software was hard-wired for a 192K band
segment.  Well - many people had performance issues (and consequently
poorly running radios) at that level. One of the first increments in the
Software/hardware allowed for 192K, 96K or 48K segments.  My hardware
works best at 48K - and I've personally found that I like it at that
level better for usage reasons.

There is software/hardware changes a foot that might give you dozens of
receivers in just the little Mercury card!  Actually it is a really
exciting time to watch this project morph and grow.

Thanks to all of the developers!

Steve KA6S