[hpsdr] R: JTAG Mercury programming problem.

Gianni Chiodo gianni.chiodo at techfabmnt.it
Thu Mar 26 02:09:26 PDT 2009

If you are not sure about the correct working of OZY you can use the loop
back HPSDR Test Fixture Cable  ( schematics available at
http://hpsdr.org/support.html loopback cable schematics plus OZY serial
cable schematics ) and follow the instruction same page at Ozymandias USB
interface Ozy/janus production test procedure.
In the past was very useful to me ( probably an ESD discharge damaged some
pin of the OZY FPGA and the Altera weak pull up where connected to some
other pins rising the voltage on PTT and ADC overload on atlas bus stopping
Mercury )
A 2 x 4.7 K to ground applied to PTT and ADC overload allowed me to continue
the usage of the damaged OZY .
After the change of the Cyclone II with a new one the loopback test system
was very useful to verify the correct soldering on the component.