[hpsdr] JTAG Mercury programming problem.

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 26 08:53:25 PDT 2009

Aivars:

I would like to agree with Phil's comments about soldering the leads on
Cyclone-II
and perhaps the FX also.

I find that when I hand solder the Cyclone-II FPGA, that after all
solder joints look
good to the eye, it is still possible to have bad solder joint.  I
recommend that you
get a straight pin, in a holder (in English called a Pin Vise, from
hobby store)
and looking at each pin under a microscope or magnifying glass, push on the
end of each pin and watch if it will move.  If it moves, you must solder
again.

Since the LEDs are correct, you are very close, but still have one or two
open lead connections.

--- Graham

==