[hpsdr] Question about Penelope and LF

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Thu May 7 14:25:32 PDT 2009

Not really, the BandText entries affects only the display, in fact the
background color of the band name window.  The locking is in the code,
at least for the SDR-1000.   The reason for this seems to be related to
the regulatory agencies (FCC and so) not been very happy with mods
allowing transmitting in unauthorized frequencies and their initial
concerns about software defined radios.

Since the source is public it can be easily modified if you have the
development system.  I investigated this  topic in the very early days
trying to adapt the band plan to Europe and also to use my SDR-1000 as a
signal generator.  I don´t know where this code is now.

Anyway, here is a simple trick that you can try (it works in my
SDR-1000):  define a  " NULL VHF XVTR", one which covers lets say 100 to
150 kHz, with a 0.0 MHz LO offset and you will get direct reading.
Label the button as you please and that´s all. Even you don't need to
select VHF !!!

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL