[hpsdr] Pandora Update

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed May 13 08:30:05 PDT 2009

Despite all the QRM, progress is actually being made on the HPSDR
project front.

Pandora is finished and the production order has been placed with the
manufacturer.  I expect delivery will start sometime in June.  Given the
logistics of handling several hundred units of this size, I expect
TAPR's outbound order processing and shipment may be spread out over
several weeks after the enclosures are received from the manufacturer.

Although the interest list sign-up was less than the 500 units that
would have enabled a better price from the manufacturer, TAPR has been
able to hold the price at the initially-projected $99 for members, $109
for non-members.

I suspect the order web page on tapr.org won't go up until after
Hamvention, we'll post an announcement here when it is ready.

And, speaking of Hamvention, we will have two HPSDR stations in Pandora
prototype enclosures running at the TAPR booth.  Stop by and see what
they look like!

73,
John