[hpsdr] OT Toshiba L305-S5921 question

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Wed May 13 13:34:54 PDT 2009

Technical diversion question!
I made a quick purchase of this laptop when the price fell below 400.
I did not check spec's and I find that the mic input is mono.
Not a big issue for HPSDR but I want to use for other projects also.
I seem to remember some laptop discussions that others were able to tweak configuration on some similar machines to enable stereo input. I have not disected case to see what the jack looks like or explored chip set or bios. Has anyone on list tried to resolve mono verses stereo input on Toshiba machines???
Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
NHRA Life Member