[hpsdr] Which projects are available under OHL?

Rob Frohne rob.frohne at wallawalla.edu
Fri May 15 14:25:44 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I went looking at the openhpsdr.org web site and the wiki and couldn't
easily find which boards are available under OHL.  Can someone point me
to the right place?  It would be nice if the sames places that it
prominently says "Available from TAPR" it could say "License: OHL" or
"License: NCL" or whatever the license is.

Also, an editorial suggestion on the note that reads *

Available*

in PCB form only from TAPR <http://www.tapr.org/kits_ozy.html>

Perhaps that should read "In PCB form only, from TAPR" as opposed to "In
PCB form, only from TAPR" assuming I understand the desired meaning.

The reason the license is important to me is that I don't particularly
want to spend my time on projects that are NCL or depend on subparts
that are NCL, even if the NCL is meant to help TAPR.  Phil C. has made
his point on that, very clear to me.  If an SDR project is to succeed,
the hardware has to be readily available at a reasonable price.  In
order for that to happen, we have to be free to mass produce the
hardware.  If mass production is choked, software developers and other
hardware developers won't want to put the time in developing for that
platform, because its future is in question.

Thanks,

Rob, KL7NA

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.