[hpsdr] CW Skimmer and Mercury.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Wed May 27 06:50:25 PDT 2009

I've downloaded CW Skimmer 1.4 after reading on this list that it
supports Mercury, and I followed the instructions to the letter but
cannot get it to work.  If I configure CW Skimmer to see Mercury as a
nominal 3 kHz receiver then all works well but with a limited 3 kHz
bandwidth.  But as soon as I configure it to work with Mercury and hit
the start button it tells me that file...Ozy_fpga.rfb... is missing.

I've copied over the two files that the instructions tell you to, and
have renamed them accordingly, also I do not have PowerSDR running
simultaneously but all I get is the aforementioned error message.  If I
start my HPSDR setup and initiate it with PowerSDR and then switch
PowerSDR off, CW Skimmer then starts okay but the waterfall displays
random noise with no discernible signals.

Can anyone tell me please what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.  Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.

PS. Incidentally the CW Skimmer help pages take the reader to Phil
Covington's less than helpful website when links to HPSDR and Mercury
are clicked but I guess that's one for Alex, and not this group.