[hpsdr] Fwd: Ozy problem

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri May 1 08:22:17 PDT 2009

Aivars:

The Byteblaster is used to program the EPROM from which the
FPGA is loaded on both Mercury and Penelope.

Ozy works differently.  The EPROM for the FPGA on
Ozy is not used at this time.  The code for the FPGA on
Ozy is downloaded from PowerSDR every time the HPSDR
is used.  The only permanent programming
necessary on Ozy is to enter the VID/PID that the USB driver
in the PC uses to identify Ozy.  This VID/PID is stored in
the EEPROM in the FX2 USB processor on Ozy.

It can be loaded via the USB cable from the PC,
using some software utilities that are on the SVN.

I just did this for a new Ozy that I hand built.

The instructions on how to do this, on the SVN are very old,
and no longer work with current software.

Please wait for one day, and I will re-write it for the
current software and email it to you, and also post to the SVN

--- Graham / KE9H

==