[hpsdr] Reverting (was: wiki components)

Richard Ames richard at ames.id.au
Sat May 9 00:00:32 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 11:15 +1000, Richard Ames wrote:
<snip>
> When the wiki is edited the database entry for the page is updated...
> *NOT* deleted. So there is a history for each page; you can view the
> history by clicking the tab that says history at the top of each page.
> Try it now; an example.. go to:
<cut>

One result of the wiki being a database is: mistakes are not a problem
because they are easily reversible. When a mistake is seen:

 1. look at the history,
 2. compare the current version to the version that is 'correct',
 3. click the 'undo' button next to the current version,
 4. accept the new edit you are making.

I have entered some Wikipedia instructions on reverting (or undo-ing)
at: http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=SandBox1

about halfway down the page someone has vandalised the page....

click the link 'history' at the top of the page and you will be given
the option to compare any two versions.  When you have the current
version and the version you wish to change (undo/revert/correct) to;
click the undo link .....

Easy!

Regards,

Richard.