[hpsdr] Why Why?

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun May 10 18:12:15 PDT 2009

Richard Ames asked:

> Would someone please explain why Why was written, see
> http://hpsdr.org/why.html .
>
> Why did we do bullet points 1 and 4?
>
> I am only interested in public comment...
>
> Regards, Richard.

Dave KV0S replied:

"All --

 The why page on hpsdr.org was written by the owner of hpsdr.org domain
to explain why he no longer is participating in hpsdr.org.

The website has moved to openHPSDR.org

   Dave KV0S"

Respectfully, this still doesn't answer valid Richard's question as to WHY
the actions that Phil described were taken. I read each of Phil's posts to
the list throughout the period of the first two weeks of April, when he
raised some pointed, but relevant questions about the recent administration
of the HPSDR project. He started a dialog about the pros and cons of a
proposed project, and ultimately publically recinded his objections, after
open debate and consideration. I personally did not feel that any of his
posts or opinions warranted the actions that were taken.

Phil has contributed a great deal of his time and talent to the project,
especially during the critical early phases. His absence from this group is
a loss for us all.

Looking forward,
Bruce, N1RX