[hpsdr] Why Why?

Chris Down Chris.Down at alcor.co.uk
Tue May 12 01:23:24 PDT 2009

I too am most concerned when decisions such as these are taken with no
explanation sent to the list or posted on the website. By not providing
a detailed explanation and the reasons for such a major change you are
leaving it up to list members and others to formulate their own ideas
and opinions based on snippets of information they pick up. This could
end up splitting the community.

May I suggest that a full explanation as to the reasons these decisions
were taken and a list of those involved in these is posted to this list
and to the website. This should stop any speculation. However, in the
interest of openness and fairness I do believe Phil N8VB should have a
right to reply to the explanation.

I would also like to pick up on the mailing list issue.
Don said
"Phil C. was never removed from this discussion list.  He is still on
and permitted to post messages as long as they are not blatant advertising."

Reading http://www.hpsdr.org/why.html, Phil never claimed he was removed
from the mailing list. His words were
"The HPSDR website administrator will not allow me to post messages to
the mailing list"

Again in the interest of openness, can you confirm that Phil's emails
are not being blocked or excessively moderated.

I am not taking any sides in this, I would just like a bit more
transparency and openness in the decision making.

Regards
Chris G8MXW