[hpsdr] WG: Mercury as spectrum analyzer?

Erik N Basilier ebasilier at cox.net
Sun May 17 10:31:17 PDT 2009

Re: [hpsdr] Mercury as spectrum analyzer?Dieter,

I second your expression of interest in the subject of using Mercury as a spectrum analyzer. When I say spectrum analyzer, I mean first the ability to view spectra wider than 192 kHz and up to the extreme of seeing all from a little above 0 to 55 MHz in one view. Obviously the resolution would have to be lowered compared to a 192 kHz window, and the entire decimation approach would be different from the usual one. Several weeks ago there was something written on this list that suggested to me that the ghpsdr software might have this capability, but I may be mistaken. I am also interested in Phil H's Cyclops project that would allow working with frequencies up to 1 GHz as well as tracking generator.

73,
Erik K7TV