[hpsdr] HPSDR and MixW

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Mon May 25 16:11:55 PDT 2009

I agree, The CAT TX command issued by MixW is per the Kenwood Manual,
but the manual is does not agree with what actually works. Here is the
e-mail I sent to nf at tav.kiev.ua on the 1st of April, 2009:
Hello,
My name is Ron Cox, W9KFB and I have been a licensed user of MixW for
two years. I have been trying to use MixW on a Kenwood TS-2000 since
July of 2008. By watching the commands that MixW sends to the TS-2000,
I have found you are following the Kenwood TS-2000 Instruction Manual
and are sending the command "TX0;" to initiate PTT and place the
TS-2000 into the transmit mode. Experience programming the TS-2000 for
the application HamStationUltra for the Kenwood TS-2000 has
established that the correct command to initiate PTT is "TX;" not
"TX0;" With this error, owners of TS-2000 are forced to use the
secondary PTT port to control PTT, or use an external interface to
control the PTT line on the Microphone or ACC connector directly. This
workaround solution degrades system performance and reliability and is
not required if the CAT command can be changed in MixW for this rig.
Ron Cox W9KFB
Indianapolis, IN USA

Any additional input to the author would be helpful...
Ron