[hpsdr] Come and get it, code's ready!

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat May 30 14:10:05 PDT 2009

So that positive results are reported too, I would like to report that
the new software/firmware versions seem to work well here with my quad
core 2.4 GHz WinXP x64 machine.  No modification to any file was
necessary.  Updates from the SVN site installed without a hitch.

As an operational check, I used the upgraded HPSDR system w/PowerSDR
for 23cm EME this afternoon during the EU window for the 23cm DUBUS
EME contest with the HPSDR set serving as a 28 MHz IF for the 1296 MHz
EME system.   I did not notice any problem with any aspect of the
software/hardware, but I have tried only one set of software settings
and board placements at this time.

My board placement is S6:Mercury, S5:Ozy, S2:Excalibur, S1(furthest
from power connector): Penelope.  The Mercury 122.8 MHz clock is
selected and the 10 MHz external clock (from Excalibur) is selected in
PowerSDR.    Only the Mercury board has a "Last JTAG" jumper installed
during normal operation here (no "Last JTAG jumpers on any other
board, except when actually updating the firmware for the target
board, of course).

Nice work, all!

73, Joe K5SO