[hpsdr] Thunderbolt Control in .NET for Alpha/Comments

Dan Quigley dquigley at msn.com
Fri Nov 6 16:25:17 PST 2009

With Excalibur shipping soon, I started thinking about integrating a
Thunderbolt GPS disciplined oscillator into my station.  There is some good
software that lets you manage that device, Trimble's TBoltMon and a really
nice app called Lady Heather by Mark S. Sims and John Miles (KE5FX).
However, since I have custom software (written in C#) that controls my
station, I wanted to integrate the Thunderbolt into that.  I intend to
monitor 10MHz accuracy, drive another LED display (in a modified SB-634
station console) with  GPS disciplined UTC, a *really* accurate ID timer,
automatic maidenhead grid locators for logging, integrate it into KISS, etc.
etc.   I couldn't find any existing C# code for the TSIP protocol so after a
quick e-chat with Mark and John, they graciously gave me permission to
derive a C# TSIP packet processing class from their work and publish it to
the Ham and SDR communities.

The application that tests this class is similar to TBoltMon and is in Alpha
condition; very much a work in progress.   I'd appreciate any comments or
thoughts on how to improve it.  Please Email me off list to keep the noise
down until it's ready for general release.  It supports  Thunderbolt and
Thunderbolt-E models (although I don't have an E model to test with).  It
requires VS2008 to compile and the zip file contains source only; binaries
are not available yet.

You can download it here:

http://alvargi.50megs.com/HPSDR/TBoltControl.zip

Thanks in advance,