[hpsdr] Tax increase and the special relationship and ThunderBolt.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Wed Nov 18 10:26:24 PST 2009

Stand down John, as Chris has said it's probably already too late for us
poor Brits, we shall just have to take the 2.5% price increase on the
chin. Mutterings have come from Bill and W4SC, they feel bad enough
having to pay 8.5% sales tax in their part of the USA, and Lars in
Sweden feels that we are all very well off as he has to pay 25% in his
part of the world, but then Sweden's social services are very thorough
and inclusive.

I've taken the advice that a lot of you good folks gave me, and have
acquired a Trimble Thunderbolt from Hong Kong.  The software tells me
that everything is working properly, and my aged oscilloscope tells me
that something is coming out of the 10 MHz socket.  Having tested it
I've now handed it over to my wife, as it is my Christmas present from
her.  There is however a snag, no Excalibur, so stand up John, once
again I implore you to get your all-American finger out and post your
parcels east.

Happy Christmas one and all.

Jeff Cook.