[hpsdr] UK VAT

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 18 16:41:42 PST 2009

I may be way off base but I seem to remember that Elecraft had done some research and there was a way to code the incoming package as Amateur Radio related and it would reduce or negate the tax. It has been a while since that appeared on the Elecraft reflector and my memory is 63 yrs old so I may be all wet here but it may be worth a shot at postal service, I also remember it taking many calls to sort it out and sometimes it did not work, some were charged others not. Government go figure!
Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
NHRA Life Member