[hpsdr] UK VAT

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Wed Nov 18 17:00:50 PST 2009

Here is some info on UK duty codes from a message from M0XDF on the
Elecraft mail list dated November 10, 2007:

http://marc.info/?l=elecraft&m=119209454617921&w=2  (link is to the
message in the archives)

"This from Lisa when I ordered my K3:

Following are the codes we use for all of our amateur radio equipment we
ship to the UK. We have been instructed to use these codes so that our
customers do not have to pay duty, only VAT.

We can certainly put "for educational purposes" on the form also if you
wish.

8517 69 90 00 Radio-Telegrpahic or Radio-Telephonic apparatus not used
in aircrafts

8517 70 90 00 Parts for Radio-Telegraphic or Radio-Telephonic apparatus
not used in aircrafts"

-Ray  WB6TPU

Radio