[hpsdr] Excalibur as an instrument in measuring SSB Phase Noise

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 18:52:39 PST 2009

Ron:

The crystal oscillator you reference will not fit the footprint on the
Excalibur,
so you would have to "blue wire" it in.  If that is OK, then it would work
electrically.

Output L and C values would have to change from current 11 MHz low pass
to 17 MHz Low pass values, but not a big thing to do. See Wenzel app note
for how to calculate values.

I note that Crystek has a 16 MHz version on the spec sheet, of the
oscillator I used,
that would be a drop-in, but it is not stocked at Mouser or Digikey.

Perhaps you can get a sample from Crystek directly.

See John A's page for his measured performance of the Excalibur phase noise.

--- Graham / KE9H

==