[hpsdr] Penelope T2 orientation - additional info

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 14 11:23:49 PST 2009

Bruce:

To the extent that the transformer does not present 75 Ohms to U6,
the answer is yes.  It is a 1.5 to 1 impedance ratio transformer, so
it will present more like 33 Ohms (differential load) to U6.

I have not personally looked at the load variation tolerance of U6
run in this configuration.  Penelope seems to be well behaved
into loads close to 50 Ohms.  The circuit is very similar to the output
stage of the basic FlexRadio-1000.

--- Graham / KE9H

==