[hpsdr] Penelope typical output power

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun Nov 15 08:17:15 PST 2009

Hello Bruce!

> It would appear that the single-stage output amplifier runs into gain
> bandwidth product limits at the higher frequencies. The output stage for
> Hermes has been redesigned to distribute that gain between two stages of
> OPA2674. Perhaps if that approach pans out, an optional "daughterboard" or
> something similar could be done for Penelope to help equalize the available
> output across it's frequency range.

I've created a design I call PennyLane. It has the cascaded OPA2674
amplifier from Hermes, along with the variable output power control
circuitry being tested on Hermes.  It isn't a daughterboard, but one
could certainly be designed.

The schematics and PCB files for PennLyane are done and ready to go.
Once I know that these features are working as intended in Hermes, I'll
release them under the OHL.

73,

Lyle KK7P