[hpsdr] Tax increase and the special relationship.

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 06:30:20 PST 2009

Jeff

Looking back on deliveries from TAPR for HPSDR kit, whether it be in kit form or ready built; It appears that the time taken to deliver, in this part of UK, is roughly 12 days from the time the funds are transferred from my card account.  Now, as 26th December is a Saturday, that probably means the UK will get an extra Bank Holiday on Monday 28th December to compensate for Boxing Day. So, to ensure that we get delivery by 31st December, goods would have to be despatched by 12th December at the latest. If you want to take into account the usual Christmas delays plus the effect of the current round of Royal Mail strikes, I suspect it's already too late! :-)

The items which the increase of 2.5% VAT will effect most will be Alex and I'm already resigned to paying the extra. It'll be worth it in the end and or friends in the rest of the EU are worse off than us by anything up to 7.5% in VAT terms. As I have mentioned before, I begrudge paying VAT on goods originating outside the EU. What possible cock-eyed reasoning is there for this imposition? I have read nothing so far that justifies this except in terms that have to be labeled psycho-bable. End of whinge.

Cheers

Chris
G4NUX