[hpsdr] PennyWhistle and Excalibur arrive in Michigan

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Thu Nov 19 12:48:59 PST 2009

Dear all,

Not only did Mike AA8K receive his kits in Port Huron, but I also received
mine in Dexter, Michigan today.  I, too, had the same advance notice of
shipment via the credit card charge notice email.

I, too, appreciate the same things that Mike noted in his email: the fine
kitting, shipping Pennywhistle and Excalibur together (OK, so I didn't have
excalibur for the FMT, but I fell asleep before the test!), high quality of
all parts, PCB, etc.

The assembly instructions on the web are superbe!  They even have the errata
already noted, regarding the misplaced silkscreen for R8.

Many thanks to those involved with both kits, and getting them out to us!

I've sullied my excalibur board with solder, and have one of the two that I
got built up.  I hope to test later today, in a spare  Atlas bus that I
have.  When the first one works, I'll build the second, then move on to
Pennywhistle.

I have a GPSDO ready to go for even better frequency accuracy as well.

Vy 73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV

database 4623 (20091119) __________

http://www.eset.com