[hpsdr] PennyWhistle and Excalibur arrive in Michigan

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Fri Nov 20 07:00:18 PST 2009

FYI, here are some of the "guilty" involved in bringing PennyWhistle and
Excalubur "to life".

Graham Haddock, KE9H, designer
Joe Martin, K5SO, alpha tester
Phil Harman, VK6APH, alpha tester
Steve Niles, N5EN, kitting
Walter Holmes, K5WH, kitting
Scott Cowling, WA2DFI, parts procurement
Nona Jurgens, parts procurement

Personally I'd like to especially thank Steve and Walter for doing such an
excellent job in kitting and making my job easier.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, AA8K73 GMail wrote:

> On 17/Nov I received my credit card charge e-mail from TAPR,
> and on 19/Nov PennyWhistle and Excalibur arrived in the mail.
>
> I appreciate that TAPR consolidated the kits into one carton;
> I don't mind that I had to wait for the Excalibur to be ready.
>
> The kit quality is excellent.  I like the way the components
> are taped to the parts list.  The circuit boards are
> high quality; I'm a bit reluctant to add solder to them.
> The PennyWhistle heat sink is fabulous.  There are no sharp
> edges and the holes are even tapped.
>
> A very big thank you to all who have made these kits possible.
> I appreciate the amount of work that was involved.  You have
> made possible a wonderful piece of equipment that I would
> have not otherwise been able to afford.
>

> Mike - AA8K

John, W9DDD