[hpsdr] Mercury V2.9 available

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Nov 21 16:24:30 PST 2009

Phil,

Mercury V2.9 test report:

Software:  PowerSDR (KD5TFD 18Oct2009)
Firmware: Ozy FX2: 20090524
Ozy: 17
Mercury: 29
Penelope: 12

Mercury V2.9 loaded and running.  Mercury LED 3 (122.88 MHz lock) is
lit but Mercury LED 4 (10 MHz lock) is unlit regardless of whether I
use Excalibur C16/bus  source or a direct coaxial connection from the
output BNC port on Excalibur to the J8 Aux Clk FPGA input on Mercury.

Performace:  With Excalibur C16/bus as the 10 MHz source (Rb std 10
MHz osc input to Excalibur) frequency accuracy is within 1 Hz on all
bands but with direct 10MHz signal from the output connector of
Excalibur to the Mercury J8 pins frequency accuracy is degraded to
30-70 Hz depending upon the band.

I do have the 10 MHz module power jumper removed on Mercury to disable
the on board 10 MHz osc.  However, I have not seen that there is an
equivalent jumper on Penelope to disconnect power the 10 MHz osc
module similarly.

Maybe someone can help me identify what needs to be done to Penelope
to kill the 10 MHz module on that board as perhaps that is the reason
I do not get a PLL lock LED indication for 10 MHz on Mercury(?).

Any ideas?

73,  Joe K5SO