[hpsdr] Mercury V2.9 available

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Nov 21 17:24:41 PST 2009

Following a suggestion from Graham KE9H I am now using the square wave
Excalibur output on C16 of the Atlas bus to drive JP8 on Mercury (by
directly wiring C16 of the Atlas connector on Mercury to JP8 on
Mercury) instead of using the sine wave output of the Excalibur board
to drive JP8 on Mercury.  Frequency accuracy performance is within 1
Hz on all bands but I still do not have a 10 MHz lock indication on
Mercury LED 4 so I'm not sure at this point if I have dueling 10 Mhz
sources somehow, preventing a PLL lock on the 10 MHz clock.  Comments?

In any case, the frequency accuracy is nevertheless very impressive.

73,  Joe K5SO