[hpsdr] Mercury V2.9 available

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Nov 21 19:14:24 PST 2009

Hi Joe,

Sorry about the confusion regarding the Excalibur output - Graham is correct
that I have a pre-production board.

You need a 3.3v square wave to drive the AUX_CLK input on Mercury - the sine
wave output from Excalibur is not suitable.

I don't see any reason why using C16 connected to the AUX_CLK would not
work.  The FPGA code looks for the PLL locked signal so when present it will
select the correct source - either PLL or conventional divider.

As I mentioned, take care if you solder to the AUX_CLK on Mercury - if the
Locked LED does not light then either you either have no 10MHz or you have
blown the pin on the FPGA.

Using the PLLs has no decremental effect on the performance of Mercury.

73's Phil....VK6APH