[hpsdr] Mercury V2.9 Question- Mercury clock

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun Nov 22 13:56:16 PST 2009

Dave, WA8YWQ wrote:

"I've added a bit of "wire-wrap" wire to Mercury between the upper end of
R37 and the upper pin of Mercury's J8, "AUXCLK".  The insulated wire just
fits through the via just to the left of J8.  I do see a 3.3Vpp square
wave on the upper pin of J8."

Dave, I saw this thru-hole, and intend to do the same.

<snip>

"Using Mercury FPGA code V2.9, I see Mercury LED D3 lit, but not D4."

Dave,

I have not been able to get D4 to light either. I am using Mercury V2.9, but
for initial testing ran the coax jumper from J3 on Excailbur to provide the
3.3 v clock to Mercury. Apparently, we are both missing something.

Question to the general list: Has ANYONE been able to get D4 on Mercury to
light (indicating 10 MHz PLL lock) with the new V2.9 code? (Phil and Mike,
N3UC don't count) 8-)

Enquiring minds want to know...
Bruce Beford, N1RX