[hpsdr] Using SDR-1000 amplifier with HPSDR?

Brian Crighton m5bjcc at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 4 23:32:58 PDT 2009

Dear John

I use the SDR1000 PA with my HPSDR setup and it works great.

Just use the Penny control pins to drive the 3 to 8 multiplex on the
board just the same as the SDR1000 does.

I also until Alex is available, use the band pass filter board from the
SDR1000 on receive and that to works great to.

The only problem is that due to no control pins becoming active on penny
on none ham bands, I added a DG408
3 to 8 multiplex chip which with no input on these 3 pins makes 1 pin
active which I drive a BC337 transistor to control a relay which
bypasses the filter board.

I hope this helps you

Brian Crighton M5BJC