[hpsdr] (no subject)

joetorrey at cablelynx.com joetorrey at cablelynx.com
Mon Oct 5 07:48:02 PDT 2009

I just installed another alternative in place of the xg2 for calibration.
The product is made by "Softmark" and is called the "DDS HF Generator". I
ordered mine from ebay last week; it takes about seven days for shipment
to the US. This unit will allow you to image calibrate anywhere you want
to in frequency as it is adjustable in frequency and attenuation. I did
make a hardware change that will bring the attenuation in proper range as
the output is quite high without more attenuation; it requires two
resistors that are quite easy to install. I have a range from -40 dBm to
-68 dBm; I used the xg2 to check for alignment with this range. With this
you can have a signal generator that works quite well with regards to the
SDR calibration needs.

Joe
WD5Y