[hpsdr] Boards: FREE

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Oct 2 18:50:04 PDT 2009

Such an option would be up to the owner of the design of the board.

In the case of some of some of the prior boards TAPR funded  some of
the  prototype work, and the designer(s) withheld the materials
needed to reproduce the boards in those cases until the first run of
TAPR board were done so TAPR could recover its funding and work on
the prototyes etc.      I don't believe any of this has been done
with a formal agreement - just a desire to not undercut TAPR by
having multiple production runs going on a board before they have a
chance to recover what they've put into it.

Ultimately the decision to release the artwork is up to the owner of it.

Regards,

Bill  (kd5tfd)