[hpsdr] Boards: FREE

Aivars Straupe yl2gvc at inbox.lv
Sun Oct 4 03:45:07 PDT 2009

My few cents in this thread.
 Some time ago I count how much does it cost to build Alex myself. Final was more expensive. Biggest issue are: if You need just one capacitor, You have no choice and must buy 10. That's from Digikey and Mouser. Next are, as Henry stated before, it's cost 25% more in Europe, because of custom taxes. Here in Latvia it's possible to get electronic things without custom taxes if it cost, with delivery, less than 145euro. If somebody could point me to cheap resource for Alex parts in Europe, or may be somebody plan to produce it? Quite often it's cheaper buy parts in US and pay taxes than do that in EU. And You should visit more shops, except just one in US and more, more...

  And most important thing, I have no probs buy and wind toroids by  myself. If it big deal make Alex with winded toroids!!!

                       73!                                                                                   Aivars.