[hpsdr] Boards: FREE

Henry Vredegoor henry_vredegoor at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:09:44 PDT 2009

Hello Henk, All,

Did you also consider in your calculation the extra costs to get the boards
to Europe, additional to the expected TAPR price?

- Higher shipping/insurance costs to Europe
- The 4% import tax (tariff in the Netherlands)
- The 19% VAT (tariff in the Netherlands)
- Customs handling and administration fee

This will add about a 25% cost increase to the expected TAPR price, US$ 463
in the USA, in Europe probably for the most of us abt. US$ 580

This could make the difference.

I will go for the bare boards option if it were to be included in the
offering and take my chances on a good deal on parts here and
there.(Groupbuy?, Ebay?)

Or else I'll have to wait until the board gerbers are released and a board
set becomes available from an alternate source.....

I'm not afraid of building an SMT board and winding my own toroids anymore
(provided a good set of instructions) after doing a few small SMT/toroid
projects..... ;-)

73's,

Henry.