[hpsdr] Penelope sound quality

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Mon Oct 12 08:08:11 PDT 2009

Hi Tokio,

I red on this reflector some months ago that the output power from Penelope
should be set as high as possible to avoid audio distorsion. Following this
advice, your
 output power of 20 mW seems to be too low. I am using myself a PA module of
an old Icom 735 with an attenuator between Penelope and the input to the IC
735 which allows me to set Penelope to its the maximum
output power of 400-500 mW.
I hope this info is useful for you.

vy 73 es gl de
SM6OMH  Willi