[hpsdr] Phoenix again

richardh at iinet.net.au richardh at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 31 23:10:53 PDT 2009

Anthony

Thanks for the comments

OK on the H mode mixer = this is somewhat more complex than the current
arrangement = what performance gain am I likely to see?

I cant quite see the connection on the pdf files
I presume you make a connection between the two at the GND point on the Atlas
connector = close to the +5V pins = is that correct?

I tried to separate the Analog and digital planes on the original Phoenix
I wonder if the problem lies with the fact that the DDS has an analog section =>
FPGA for quadrature generator section (this has a digital ground plane)  => back
to the analog plane fore the mixers. Maybe all these sections should be separated
and tied together at one point.
Alternatively, should I have a layer for digital and another layer for analog?

Also = what is the name of the PCB manufacturer you are using?
I dont want to go through a process of finding one who I can work with if you
guys have already done so.
I take it they would want all layers in Gerber format.

What sort of cost am I looking for if I have say

Top
Power Plane
signal plane
Analog Ground plane
Bottom/Digital ground plane

for prototypes?

Does the order matter?

Thanks for any feedback = I am a novice at this stuff

Richard VK6BRO

On Wed Oct 28  7:53 , Anthony Taylor  sent: