[hpsdr] PowerSDR issue running the new Dual Atom processor

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Thu Sep 3 18:42:07 PDT 2009

Has anyone else seen this problem running PowerSDR (KD5TFD 22AUG2009
A) Ozy FX2:20090524, Ozy 16, Mercury 27, Penelope 12, CPU 30.9%,
Buffer 2048, Sample Rate 192000, OS: Windows XP Home edition, MB: new
Intel D945GCLF2?

When I do a mouse wheel tune (with mouse wheel tune enabled) one
rotation click results in no interruption of the panadapter display,
but more than one click results in a freeze of the display of about
one second for every extra mouse wheel click, changing frequency by
dragging the display results in the same effect. I have just updated
all the intel drivers, changed priorities, hyper-threading, and
display hardware acceleration with no change in performance.

I have a nearly identical set up: except it is running Windows XP pro,
on an Intel Core2 Duo (E84000) CPU with a DQ45EK Desktop Board,
without the problem: PowerSDR (KD5TFD 22AUG2009 A) Ozy FX2:20090524,
Ozy 16, Mercury 27, Penelope 12, CPU 16.4%, Buffer 2048, Sample Rate
192000.

Ron, W9KFB
Indianapolis, Indiana