[hpsdr] Troubles with upgrading firmware

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Sep 11 21:55:22 PDT 2009

When you downloaded PowerSDR - did you download
the whole release directory or just
PowerSDR.exe?  If just the .exe pull the full release directory.

What is the date PowerSDR displays in the titlebar?

Check the size of Ozy_Janus.rbf - it should be  113,374 bytes.

If that does not do it, start PowerSDR with the
--no-firmware-version-check argument on the
command line and redirect the output to a file:

         PowerSDR.exe --no-firmware-version-check >runlog.txt 2>&1

This will disable the firmware version check and
write some log data to the file runlog.txt   What
firmware versions are shown in this case?   Do
things seem to work when started in this configuration?

Regards,

Bill  (kd5tfd)

At 04:32 PM 9/11/2009, Michael Steiner wrote:

>Hello!
>
>First I want to thank all of you who responded to my earlier posting.
>I found the correct jumpers for programming the boards.
>
>So what happened:
>According to the quick starting guide and
>resources I downloaded on 9th of Sept. latest versions of:
>usb-Blaster
>Altera programmer
>PowerSDR

>above without any errors and warnings
>So it seems that part was done correct.
>
>Of course I cycled power as requested.
>
>Then I started PowerSDR and the troubles started.
>Window showed up.
>When pushing “Start” the console window opened
>and I could see normal processing of required startup files.
>Then I got the warning that correct firmware is
>required: ozy >=16, mercury>=27, Penelope>=12

. And that was it
.