[hpsdr] Troubles with upgrading firmware

Michael Steiner michael at msteiner.at
Fri Sep 11 14:32:53 PDT 2009

Hello!

First I want to thank all of you who responded to my earlier posting.

I found the correct jumpers for programming the boards.

So what happened:

According to the quick starting guide and resources I downloaded on 9th of
Sept. latest versions of:

usb-Blaster

Altera programmer

PowerSDR

warnings

So it seems that part was done correct.

Of course I cycled power as requested.

Then I started PowerSDR and the troubles started.

Window showed up.

When pushing "Start" the console window opened and I could see normal
processing of required startup files.

Then I got the warning that correct firmware is required: ozy >=16,
mercury>=27, Penelope>=12

.. And that was it ..

I tried to start older versions of PowerSDR.

I tried KISS 1.0.3 and 1.0.5

Nothing could start correct

With older versions of PowerSDR it was not so bad because it started somehow
and I could go into setup-general-hpsdr, but  at the firmware versions I
could read only "0".

It seems somehow the boards are not correctly communicating.

Has anyone an idea what could have gone wrong ?

Any hint is welcome.

73, Michael

oe1msb