[hpsdr] Hermes Peer Review

L. Van Warren van at wdv.com
Sun Sep 13 19:52:23 PDT 2009

Phil -

I follow your thinking now. stability of inheritance makes good sense as
does the use of JTAG.

As this matures, lets define a command stream for self-test that can flow
between the host and Hermes, (Say, a list of name value pairs)

Once the self-test command stream is defined I can write simulations of the
command stream against which to test the software, all while the hardware is
coming into existence.

Highlighting functional units on the host display, annotating status,
voltages, currents and temperature will keep the user apprised of what is
going on in the deep dark places.

73's de

Van / AE5CC - http://is.gd/3eZZF