[hpsdr] Need help with vista 32-bit (sorry)

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Wed Apr 21 12:19:46 PDT 2010

I'm moving my HPSDR setup from a Dell XPS-400 running XP to a Dell
XPS-420 running Vista, 32-bit.  Obviously, I've run into the famous
Vista & USB problem.  I searched the archives, but cannot find a final
solution, if there was one.  Can someone point me to how to do this?

The HPSDR & PSDR has reached the point of overtaxing the XP machine.  I
get dropouts in receive, and if I plug the Penelope board in, the whole
HPSDR hardware shuts down after about a minute (all LEDs on all boards
except on LPU turn off).

I've also tried Alberto's WinUSB and Winrad.  His WinUSB shows the board
properly in the device manager, but Winrad does not run, it errors out
trying to list the sound cards.

Thanks.
Terry
WB4JFI