[hpsdr] Need help with vista 32-bit (sorry)

Roger and Diana rc143dr at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 22 08:51:45 PDT 2010

Hello Terry,

As was mentioned, you need to be sure the correct driver for the
software is installed.

Also, on Vista, if data execution prevention (DEP) is enabled it will
stop WinRAD and PowerSDR dead in there tracks and often times show bogus
faults. At least this was the case on my VISTA machine and on Windows 7
64 bit. The good news is that I was able to get WinRAD, KISS and
PowerSDR all to work with OZY/Mercury on the Vista machine (and the
Windows 7) machine.

I believe I set the properties on the executables to run as
administrator and added them to the list of software under the DEP list.
(The DEP list is found by right clicking Computer in the Windows run
menu and then clicking properties. On the left select Advanced system
settings, then select Settings in the first window (performance). The
third tab to the right is the DEP tab, select it. Select "Turn on DEP
for all programs except for those I have selected. Add WinRAD, etc. At
this point Vista will ask for a reboot to make the changes requested.

I have found that this makes some issues disappear under Vista. When in
doubt for problems with known software packages, I add them to the list.

I hope this is of some help.

73,

Roger (N3AYY)