[hpsdr] Compiling powersdr in VS2010 (currently release candidate)

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Apr 2 09:42:44 PDT 2010

Dear Ken (and all):

I just did a test, and if you got PowerSDR to compile in VS2008, you should
have no problem, and the same warnings, compiling in VS2010 (currently only
the release candidate, as the actual formal release isn't for a week or
two.)  Now I have NOT tried to run what I built, but I expect it should
work...

To get PowerSDR to compile, there are a number of DLLs and libs that I think
you have to get.  The last time I saw such a list was in the summer of 2009.
The list was in messages on the listserver.  If it's not on the WIKI
somewhere, maybe we could gather that data and put it on the wiki?  That
would help people immeasurably, along with showing the location to get these
DLLs and Libs from!

Now, PowerSDR compiles originally under VS2003 I think.  When moving to
VS2005 or later, you'll get all kinds of warnings about 'unsafe' functions,
which you can ignore.  There are other warnings about 'deprecated' functions
or methods (mostly 'Scale') that you can ignore or fix yourself (if you're a
programmer...)

Vy 73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV

database 4995 (20100402) __________