[hpsdr] @Jeremy McDermond: My 1Gsa 1/d converters are on the road :-))) chuzpa wins...

ludwig jaffe ludwig.jaffe at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:12:28 PDT 2010

Hi Jeremy and all others,

it seems the 1Gsa a/d-converters are really for free...

I can soon make me a nice I/Q A/D-Converter board.
Stay tuned...

vy 73 de dl1ehu

----snipp---------------------

Shipping status
  	Texas Instruments

Federal Express Tracking Number: XX85465XXX

Dear Ludwig Jaffe,

Thank you for your recent request from Texas Instruments. Please use
the Fedex Tracking Number included in this email to track the progress
of your shipment. Transit times for international orders vary
depending on the country and customs clearing time. Items on backorder
will be shipped as soon as they become available.

For technical documents and other product information, click on the
part number below.

TI Sample Request # XX59XXX
  	Part number/Description 	Status

  	ADS5400 - 12-bit, 1000 MSPS ADC with analog input buffer
  	ADS5400IPZP 	4 of 4 part(s) Shipped   06 Apr 2010

For datasheets or other information about these devices, click the
part number above or visit e2e.ti.com to interact with your peers and
other experts.

Ship To: 	Ludwig Jaffe
XXXXX

------
Jeremy, you are a hopeles pessimist :-)

> Hi Folks,
>
> please visit:
> http://www.ti.com/ww/en/analog/ads5400/index.shtml?DCMP=hpa_dc_ads5400&HQS=Other+BA+ads5400-b
>
> Here you can get the 1gsa 12bit a/D-Converter for free.

Maybe I don't know the IC industry very well, but I don't see TI
giving away too many free samples of a $775 chip to people who aren't
serious about buying in quantity at the $775 price.  Single chip cost
from Digi-Key is nearly $900 USD each.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems