[hpsdr] observation: PowerSDR T/R TUNE == no delay

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Sun Apr 11 09:59:42 PDT 2010

Hi, I have a PowerSDR observation and I wondered if anyone else
has seen it:

When transmitting from the CW keyboard keyer or from paddles,
there is a very nice delay time that you can select to hold the
T/R open collector outputs in transmit before they drop to
receive. This works very well and is a welcome setting.

However, when I use TUNE, the open collector does what it is
supposed to do and goes immediately into Tx mode. However when I
release the TUNE button, it is immediate, there is no delay. So
what I see is *red letters* at the bottom of the panadapter saying
"ADC OVERLOAD" (scary).

My guess is that I am transmitting into the Mercury Rx for a few
milliseconds and PowerSDR has switched instantly to Receive
instead of obeying the selected DELAY in either the Keyboard or on
the front window (next to the Break-In Enabled check box).

I hope I am not damaging my Mercury with those few milliseconds of
180mw TUNE signal?

I am waiting for the T/R switch to come from Gerd and then I will
compare it to how things work with my temporary "erector set" T/R
unit that I am currently using.

thanks for reading my email,
73 de Ken N9VV
--